Powered Industrial Truck Certification
Only trained and competent operators shall be permitted to operate a powered industrial truck. All powered industrial truck operators must be trained and certified by their organizations.
OSHA requires employers to develop and implement a training program based on the general principles of safe truck operation, the types of vehicle(s) being used in the workplace, the hazards of the workplace created by the use of the vehicle(s), and the general safety requirements.
Trained operators must know how to do the job properly and do it safely as demonstrated by workplace evaluation. Formal (lecture, video, etc.) and practical (demonstration and practical exercises) training must be provided. Employers must also certify that each operator has received the training and evaluate each operator at least once every three years. Prior to operating the truck in the workplace, the employer must evaluate the operator’s performance and determine the operator to be competent to operate a powered industrial truck safely. Refresher training is needed whenever an operator demonstrates a deficiency in the safe operation of the truck.
Training shall consist of a combination of formal instruction (e.g., lecture, discussion, interactive computer learning, video tape, written material), practical training (demonstrations performed by the trainer and practical exercises performed by the trainee), and evaluation of the operator’s performance in the workplace.
- Educadores innovadores de todas las áreas de la educación
- Diseñadores Instruccionales y especialistas en e-Learning
- Diseñadores Gráficos en busca de nuevas oportunidades
- Expertos en Desarrollo de Contenidos Multimedia
- Profesionales y expertos que vendan cursos on-line
A quién va dirigido
- Aprender a reutilizar contenidos interactivos prediseñados
- Crear proyectos e-Learning complejos y como organizar de manera eficiente
- Reconocer las herramientas de manejo de texto para poder darle formato
- La importancia de las animaciones, para poder darle vida a tu contenido
- Reconocer los estados de los objetos y las capas en las diapositivas y como utilizarlos
- Reconocer la función de los disparadores y las acciones y como utilizarlos.
- Usar las variables, condiciones y validaciones para realizar juegos.
- Aprender a publicar un proyecto en plataformas e-learning.
Unidades de Estudio del Curso
- Operating instructions, warnings, and precautions.
- Differences between the truck and the automobile.
- Truck controls and instrumentation.
- Engine or motor operation.
- Steering and maneuvering.
- Surface conditions where the vehicle will be operated.
- Composition of loads to be carried and load stability.
- Load manipulation, stacking, and unstacking.
- Pedestrian traffic in areas where the vehicle will be operated.
- Other unique or potentially hazardous environmental conditions
- Fork and attachment adaptation, operation, and use limitations.
- Vehicle capacity.
- Vehicle stability.
- Inspection and maintenance.
- Refueling and/or charging and recharging of batteries.
- Operating limitations.
- Narrow aisles and other restricted places where the vehicle will be operated.
- Hazardous (classified) locations where the vehicle will be operated.
- Ramps and other sloped surfaces that could affect the vehicle’s stability.
- Closed environments and other areas where insufficient ventilation or poor vehicle maintenance could cause a buildup of carbon monoxide or diesel
Oferta finaliza en